Reig Jofre’s R&D team is composed of 47 technicians with ample experience in the following areas of research:
- Bioequivalence studies.
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and bioavailability studies.
- Drug interaction studies.
- Preclinical pharmacokinetics.
- Preclinical toxicokinetics.
- Analysis and identification of metabolites.
Based on this experience, and with a specialized emphasis on the therapeutic areas of dermatology, gynecology and respiration, the R&D team focuses its activity on:
- Development of new pharmaceutical products or variations on known active ingredients in order to modify their release, improve their dosage and obtain new routes of administration or indications.
- Development of generic specialties for licensing to third parties, maintaining manufacturing in the company’s production facilities.
With regard to dosage forms, Reig Jofre combines the strengths of its R&D team with a high-end production capacity in three areas of high added-value:
- Penicillin antibiotics in all dosage forms: injections (sterile powder vials), tablets, capsules, sachets and syrups.
- Cephalosporin antibiotics: sterile powder for injection in vials.
- Lyophilised vials for all types of APIs:
- Thermal analysis in lyophilization.
- Application of DSC (differential scanning calorimetry), FDM (lyophilization microscope) and DTA-ER (differential thermal analysis and electrical resistance) techniques.
- Development and optimization of lyophilization recipes in pilot plant.
- Industrial scale process.
- Applications in generics, proteins, monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, etc.
The company also has extensive development and production strength in:
- Liquid dosage forms: oral and topical solutions in ampoules and sterile vials, syrups, liquids in single-dose sachets and swabs.
- Semi-solid forms: ointments, emulsions, micro-emulsions, and creams.
- Solid oral dosage forms: capsules, tablets, coated tablets and lozenges.
Finally, Reig Jofre’s R&D team has extensive experience in coordinating and conducting preclinical and clinical (Phase I-IV) ADMET studies required for the development both of proprietary products and of third-party products.
To this end, Reig Jofre has a mass spectrometry (LC_MS/MS) service that is mainly specialized in bioanalysis and covered by a "Good Laboratory Practice" (GLP) certification.