Reig Jofre closes 2018 with a turnover 180.5 M€ and EBITDA of 16.4 M€.
- The sales growth of 7% allowed the turnover to reach € 180.5M. Within the good performance of Reig Jofre business units highlighted 35% growth in the nutritional supplements line of Forté Pharma in France
- Forté Pharma, Reig Jofre's nutritional supplements line, closed an excellent year thanks to new launches in the weight, energy and sleep control ranges, mainly
- The lines of antibiotics and freeze-dried injectable products from the pharmaceutical technologies area closed important international agreements in Indonesia, among others
- EBITDA showed a positive evolution of 4% compared to 2017 and stood at € 16.4M
- Personnel expenses increased by 6% as a result of the reinforcement of international commercial structures, especially in France result of the strong growth rate in sales and additions linked to the increase of productive capacity in Spain
- Other operating expenses grew by 11% compared to 2017, in line with previous quarters, largely due to the increase in marketing and advertising expenses related to the Nutritional Supplements area; the increase in R&D expenditure and, to a lesser extent, the impact of the new installed capacity at the Toledo plant
- The effort in R&D continued with an expenditure over € 9.5M in 2018. As a result of this effort, product development projects were activated for an amount of € 4.8M